Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Developing 23 Things for my Library


Fortunately for me all the staff at my location participated in 23 so they are well equipped with these new skills. But I think it would be a good thing for the rest of our library system to learn these tools, although our library system already uses Wiki and Flickr. The programs learned in this series can benefit everyone who has learned and in turn benefit our library. In the future Twitter may be an option that we can use since everyone is going mobile. I found some great promotions on YouTube of our library and they may be helpful if really pushed. Most of the 23 things learned are all used by our patrons and for us to keep up with them then we must know the latest and greatest in up and coming technology. For example several patrons ask if our computer system keeps track of the books they have read, unfortunately it does not but after learning 23 I can suggest LibraryThing as a way for them to store and keep titles as well as learn new ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment